Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Question 4

What is the cliamx of this novel? What happens? How do the events of this novel make you feel?

In my opinion, climax is that when the kids become the beast, they circled the Simon and killed him. This events made me sick, because the real beast were kids. Simon revealed the truth and trying to tell kids that the beast is not exist just imagination,but the kids killed the real truth and became uncontrollable. I was shocked when Mrs.Lavender told us the truth. "There is no way, and no hope for humanism. I think the author tried to tell our evilness through this book.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I don't really agree with you
I think the climax is the point of excitement, or the point where it changes everything. Simon's death has caused Ralph some guilt in his mind, but didn't really change things. This event was the foundation of things, i think. It's more like Piggy's death when you are talking about children being beasts. Simon was killed half accidently. Kids could not see what they were killing out of fear. But when Piggy was killed, it was intended and planned. They saw what they were killing. So I still don't think that the climax is where Simon was killed.
good blogging :)